Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Dip

Sorry guys, this is usually the time of the year that I get sidetracked...alot.  So much has happened this past week or so. Not really, but to me, yes.  

Let's see, This past weekend my boyfriend and I went to West Virginia University to visit my best friend.  We usually try to go visit her at LEAST once a football season.  Luckily we squeezed that in!  I would totally love to go down every weekend, but ya know...reality sucks.  I was pretty upset this visit, we ALWAYS win when I go to a game...nope not this time.  TCU beat us :(  by 1 point, one stinking point, IN OVERTIME.  It was pretty intense.  But as the say at WVU "Win or lose, we still booze".  I love it! 

After we got back from WV on Sunday we pretty much just had a chill night, ya know eat some fat snacks, watch tv/play call of duty in bed.  Then Monday, ohhhhhhh boy did I love Monday.  We set up a new wireless phone plan and... Drum roll please.


We got Iphone 5's  :)  I'v been dying to get another iphone for like.....a few years now. Let me just say, it feels flippin' fabolous to own one again.


Anyways, I've decided to make some buffalo chicken dip...ya know, I'm still in the tailgaiting spirit.  I made it the not so fancy way...I didn't feel like cooking chicken, this and that.  Me and canned chicken have always had a nice connection.


Buffalo Chicken Dip
1 5oz. can of canned chicken (in water)
1 8oz. package cream cheese, softened
1/2 c. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 c. shredded monterey jack with jalapeno cheese +extra for topping.
1/2 c. Franks red hot sauce
1/2 c. ranch dressing
4 tbsp. spicy brown mustard


Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.  Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.  Mix the ingredients by hand (I found that a pastry blender works excellent! If you don't have a pastry blender just make sure the cream cheese and chicken aren't in huge chunks.)  Pour mixture into an ungreased 9x9 pan.  Sprinkle more monterey jack with jalapeno cheese on top (if desired).  Bake for 25-30 minutes.  Serve warm with tortilla chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment