Thursday, February 14, 2013

Hap-V-Day :)

Good morning and happy valentines day lovers!  Hope everyone treats themselves to some chocolate today, diet or no diet!  I have some great news!  Actually let me just show you...

YAY! :)  I am one very happy person today!  My boyfriend however, is not.  I did not make him breakfast... 

But I will surprise him with a gift (which he doesn't think he's getting anything considering he told me V-day is a "girls" holiday) and perhaps I'll get into making something delish today.  I was going to make dinner but one of my good friends is going through a divorce so I'm taking her out tonight to help get her mind off of it all.


We celebrated our V-day last night with a trip to Olive Garden, mmmmm chicken parm!  I also recieved a beautiful necklace.
You  can't go wrong with jewelry and a kitchenaid mixer!  Now all I'm expecting are some chocolate covered strawberries!
I have a really awesome Orange Pound Cake recipe to share with you guys!
 
Orange Pound Cake
 
1 1/2 c. AP flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. orange zest
1/2 c. softened butter/margarine
1 c. granulated sugar
2 eggs
1/2 c. milk
3 tsp. Orange juice
 
Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour loaf pan.
In a small bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt and orange zest.
In a medium bowl cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. (about 2 minutes).
Add eggs one at a time, beating after each one.
Add flour mixture alternately with milk until blended.
Stir in OJ.
Pour batter in loaf pan and bake 45-60 minutes, until a toothpick can be inserted and come out clean.
 
Orange glaze
Combine 2 tbsp. granulated sugar and 2 tsp. OJ, brush over loaf after removed from oven and pan, cool on wire rack.
 
 
Keep me updated on what you guys give/recieve/would want to recieve! 
 
And remember, keep it real today and everyday.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment