Sunday, February 10, 2013

Straw-nana Bread

OH MY GOSH...If I had smell-o-vision I would totally share the amazing aroma filling my house right now!  It's a mix between banana bread and french toast (along with my morning coffee!).  I'm making Strawberry banana bread, which I decided to call Straw-nana bread...I'm feeling rather inventive today.   I can just tell its going to be a pretty fabolous day.  Considering I'm off today and actually get to see my boyfriend for a little before he has to go into work all day/night. :(

Anyways, this recipe only uses one bowl (yay less dishes!!) and it's super easy!



Straw-nana Bread (Adapted from Lets Dish)
(serves 10)

3/4 c. Whole Wheat flour
3/4 c. AP flour
1/4 c. granulated sugar
1/4 c. light brown sugar, packed
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
2 medium bananas mashed
1/4 c. unsweetened applesauce
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 c. diced strawberries, reserve some for topping (optional)


Preheat oven to 350 F, and lightly grease loaf pan, set aside.
In a large bowl combine flours, sugars, baking soda and cinnamon.
Add bananas and stir.
Add applesauce, egg and vanilla.  Stir until "just" combined. (you don't want to over stir!)
Fold in strawberries.
Pour batter into loaf pan, top with sliced strawberries.
Bake for 30-40 min. or until toothpick comes out clean.
Allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes then transfer to cooling rack.
 
 
 
Seriously, it was so simple that I woke up and made it this morning...and its extremely moist!  That's my favorite kind!
 
I'm really not sure why I've been on this bread kick lately...maybe because I have more confidence that my banana bread turned out?   Perhaps the fact that I keep buying fresh fruit and not eating it fast enough?  who knows.
 
By the way my boyfriends daughter accidently told me what my valentines day gift is... and its not a kitchenaid mixer or a new oven.  darn. I actually got into a small not so major argument with my boyfriend over that fact that he won't get me anything I ask for.  His reason being, they're household appliances and it's not right to get someone appliances for holidays, even if I beg for them.  Guess I'm going to start saving up some money then huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment