Thursday, October 11, 2012

Pumpkin Spiced Cream Cheese Rolls

It's officially fall, I realized this while I was driving home today and all the leaves are falling off the trees, not to mention the 40  degrees windy weather!  I'm kind of bummed out about it this year, only because I love baking and right now I can't...our oven is broke!!!! :(  Not to mention I've been wanting to make something with pumpkin in it to get in the mood for the holidays, which are right around the corner, and nothing warms up the house like baking! I haven't been able to bake anything since we moved into our house.  Total buzzkill.  As I mentioned I'm obsessed with stumbleupon, I found this wonderful sounding recipe for pumpkin spice cream cheese rolls, and it's so simple, unfortunately I can't make them or test them out.   Anyways, here's the recipe, maybe someone will make them and send me some, or just let me know how they turned out, that would be fine too.

Pumpkin Spiced Cream Cheese Rolls
 2 packages of Pillsbury Crescent rolls
4 oz. softened cream cheese
1/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. canned pumpkin
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. nutmeg

Frosting 
 4 oz. softened cream cheese
1/2 c. powdered sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 tbsp. canned pumpkin

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Unroll crescent rolls to form 4 rectangles placed side by side.  Pinch together seams to form one large rectangle.  Beat together cream cheese, brown sugar, pumpkin, cinnamon and nutmeg.  Spread mixture over crescents leaving a 1/2" border around the edges.  Starting at the end roll up and cut into 1" pieces.  Place rolls on a greased cake pan. Bake 28- 30 minutes.   While the rolls are baking mix together the frosting ingredients, spread on rolls when they are done baking.


So this is the end to todays blog. Not so entertaining, no pictures...nothing.  I'll make up for it on Monday, it's back to work tomorrow, plus hopefully we'll have the oven fixed and tasty good looking stuff will be made if we do! Have a fabulous weekend everybody!

P.S. I have an Esty account, check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment